How to find a Psychologists?
What should you find a psychologist? What method should you consider? Is the degree type and procedure important? When looking for a trusted professional to help you, these are important issues. Fortunately, the following is a set of guidelines that can be used to help you make a decision. If you are choosing a psychologist, how should you make this decision? Finding the right psychologist may be a daunting task, especially in Quebec, with more than 7,500 licensed psychologists. In addition, the number of psychologists in Quebec is disproportionate compared to other provinces, making your search more challenging (about 50% of all Canadian psychologists are registered in Quebec).
Here are the top ten factors that you should look for and consider, based on my professional advice, what my clients are saying is their most important factor. Seeing a psychologist may be a very helpful investment in your time, energy and money. Smart search, find a feel like a psychologist for you. Find candidates who have the expertise of your situation and insist on making you feel the most comfortable person.
Top Ten Ways to Find a Psychologists
- Make sure that the professionals you are considering are licensed, psychologists. You may encounter terms such as “therapist” or “psychotherapist” and automatically consider yourself a psychologist. Looking for a psychologist with the right expertise. Find someone who works with your customers in your case. Psychologists tend to focus on problems of certain age groups or species. Your candidate may list areas of interest on their website, or wherever you are, or you may have to ask. You may be interested in working with a psychologist with your age group experience. Some psychologists focus on treating strange young people, the elderly or the family.
However, this is not necessarily the case. In general, anyone in Quebec, even those who do not have mental health experience, can also call themselves a therapist or a psychotherapist and claim to be psychotherapy. However, with the latest changes in the law, psychotherapy can only be carried out by people registered in the Quebec Department of Psychologists (OPQ) or Quebec College.
- Make sure they have a degree in clinical psychology. Well-trained psychologists solve problems with scientifically proven treatment programs. While professionals with other degrees may be helpful, you may not want someone to guide or consult you by providing general advice when you need help identifying emotional issues that affect your life. Get a suggestion. Ask friends and family if you know any good psychologist. Often, you will have friends who have gone to a person in the past, have a good experience, or a friend who knows someone who helped a friend. But do not try to get the same psychologist to get along with people in your life. In some cases, if you are closely related to other customers, psychologists may refuse to accept your customer service.
Ask your friends who have a good psychologist if you can refer from their psychologist. Your friend’s psychologist is happy to pass on your qualifications to colleagues.
- Requires additional credentials. Can they work only in private life or in a hospital environment? Psychologists working in hospitals are usually dynamic, professors will become students of future psychologists, and participate in solving important research questions that will promote the field of psychology. Are they seeking media because of their expertise? Did they interview their opinions on important questions? If the experts are sought after, it is usually a sign that they may be knowledgeable and trustworthy professionals. If you need your psychologist to perform duties outside your personal meeting, such as taking evidence in court, make sure your psychologist has experience. Find someone who has custody, for example, if you are about to divorce.
If you can not find the information on the candidate’s website, what kind of experience do you have with the customer / who wants / who wants to … “
- Make sure you choose a psychologist with a doctorate or doctorate. In the past, only a master’s degree in Quebec as a psychologist to practice. However, the recent changes in the law require a doctorate. PhDs in clinical psychology usually involve a licensed psychologist for at least five years of training, experience and supervision exercises, and a master’s degree can be completed in just one year. This is not to say that a person with a master’s degree may not be right for you. However, since your mental health is important to you, you may wish to choose to receive a wider range of supervisory training. Check the candidate’s certificate. At least, a good psychologist will get permission from their country or region. This is a permit, only those who show the ability and to comply with professional ethics of the psychologist to update.
The psychologist has a doctorate, so you should find the “doctor” that you are looking for after the name of any psychologist you are considering.
5.What should I use? In order to help interfere with your life, you want to maximize your improvement by treating it as soon as possible. Contact the nearby mental health association. Find your city and your state’s psychological association. Ask your university, or university psychology department to go public. Find your local community mental health center and see what services they offer.
Some of the research boards have a board meeting with you to determine which counselor may be a good partner. Despite overlapping with many types of treatment, the Canadian and American Psychological Associations team has confirmed that cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) has received the most scientific support. In my opinion, go with the works of science.
- If psychologists claim to use CBT, they should evaluate progress. An important aspect of CBT is the measurement of treatment outcomes through a standardized and target questionnaire to assess the therapeutic effect. Studies have shown that monitoring these changes increases the success rate of treatment. Many psychologists will say they practice CBT, so how do you verify their use of CBT’s statement? One way to test psychologists about CBT loyalty is to find out if you are measuring the results with you. Just ask them what questionnaire to use to track your earnings. If they can not identify any questionnaires, you should question whether they really do CBT.
- Check the APA list. The American Association of Psychologists has organized a list of all members of the United States and Canada. Their list includes useful information such as the field of expertise and the type of insurance accepted. Through a rigorous review process, OPQ ensures that individuals have the necessary qualifications and experience to become a licensed clinical psychologist. If you are in another state or state, make sure to contact your local professional for permission from a psychologist in your area. Consider cost. Psychologists charge the rate of change, so find a time you can afford as long as you need. If you have health insurance, your insurance may pay some nursing costs. If you do not, or if your health insurance cannot meet your mental health needs, you may find yourself paying 100-250 points during a meeting. However, there are ways to find an affordable psychologist: do not give up because of the high initial cost.
- Does the person return to your phone in time? In the case where you are asking for help, the quick callback is a good indicator of the professional commitment. If you ask for help, how would you feel that you will receive a call in a few days or weeks? Does this make you feel that this person can trust? This should be the standard to help the industry, is my customer appreciated the standard. Many psychologists work on landslides. Note that your funds are limited and require payment on time.
Request cash discount. Some psychologists will give you a discount if you can pay with cash instead of card or check. Ask your insurer about the list of psychologists in your area, your coverage, or search for mental health practitioners on your insurance company website. If your insurance does not mention a psychologist, what do they do? Some policies may include social workers. Contact Community Mental Health Center Free or low-cost service.
- Talk to your psychologist for the first time to measure your feelings. Are you comfortable with them? Is this man polite? Will they listen to you and answer questions? After you contact the person for the first time, be sure to consider your intuition. After checking for the first meeting with a psychologist, please check your feelings. After seeing the psychologist for the first time, you do not have to feel “cured” or even better, but ask yourself if you feel comfortable. Do you think your psychologist listen to you? If you feel relaxed or hopefully, that’s good, but these feelings may take many meetings to come. If you are not sure about your feelings, continue to see psychologists until you are sure you like them, or until you find another option is good.
If you know a psychologist, you think it is competent, but who do not think it is the right game to explain why not and ask them to refer to someone who is more suitable for you.
10.The alliance between you and your psychologist is a key factor. Studies have shown that treatment is the best predictor of successful treatment. The treatment alliance is described as a psychologist is a true, warm and sympathetic relationship. How did you feel when you first met? Are you satisfied with them? If the psychologist follows your three criteria, you may have a good fit. Call to ask questions. Choose 2-5 psychologists and call them. Write a note when you ask your question. Consider writing a question (or making a spreadsheet) so that you can quickly apply the answer when you speak. Ask for a license, years of experience and expertise. Explain how you feel (worry, sad, nothing, angry), any problems you encounter at home, at work, or with yourself, and any diagnosis you give. Ask the psychologist what experience of this type of.
Frequently Asking Questions
#Q:1.How should psychologists talk about their personal problems and tell you what they think you should do?
The goal of a psychologist is to build a relationship of mutual trust and respect, so you can talk peacefully about what is bothering you. Share some personal stories, build trust or give an example without any problems. But this is a professional interaction. If you are uncomfortable, you are free to discuss these issues with them. Ask why they share things and understand their reasoning. You are free to talk to the psychologist you need until you find a psychologist at home.
#Q:2. If I am younger, I am afraid my peers play because I need a psychologist to worry about my anxiety? Most of them do not even understand my imbalance.
No one needs to know your psychologist. It is your health, you are doing something to make sure you stay healthy and feel proud of it Than what is not good. Ask them what kind of treatment to use if they are effective for your situation. Do not forget to ask for fees and insurance! Ask the question on the phone as soon as possible to understand the funds will help you find the right fit.
If you think you have the right adaptability, then try it out. If you need time to handle, thank them and say you will come back to date.
#Q:3.How could I Check my feelings?
After completing each call, please write down one or two about how to feel the conversation with the relevant psychologist. You may feel embarrassed by phone, but if you feel hostile or uncomfortable, you can bring the psychologist from your list. Set up trial sessions. With the philosopher you said dating who seems to be a good match. You may want to do one at a time, or you may want to do several first meetings and compare them all. Record notes after a meeting so that you can directly select your options.
In short, choosing the right psychologist is an important factor in recovering from the challenges it faces. Check your feelings. After checking for the first meeting with a psychologist, please check your feelings. After seeing the psychologist for the first time, you do not have to feel “cured” or even better, but ask yourself if you feel comfortable. Do you think your psychologist listen to you? If you feel relaxed or hopefully, that’s good, but these feelings may take many meetings to come. If you are not sure about your feelings, continue to see psychologists until you are sure you like them, or until you find another option is good.I hope you will find that these ten guides are useful in your search!